Lori G Bridal – Derby
SO, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
Trunk Shows offer a unique opportunity to view a designer’s entire collection at our bridal boutique.
So, if you have fallen in love with a specific bridal designer, this is your prefect opportunity to make the most of the bridal collections they have designed for the latest wedding season.
Even if you are not overly familiar with bridal designers, it is still a helpful opportunity to familiarise yourself with the latest bridal trends, fabrics, and silhouettes.
Twice a year we take a visit to two of the biggest and iconic Bridal shows. When visit our aim is to select bridal dresses to buy from the designers that we stock in the boutique from their new collections. Unfortunately, we cannot buy all of the bridal gowns (because there are sometimes so many!). So, like Most bridal boutiques we at Lori G bridal studio select a certain number of bridal dresses, that not only provide a variety of character, but we look to invest in designs that captivate and cater for all the beautiful brides who walk through the door. Trying to select a specific number of dresses is a tough job but is so highly rewarding when these bridal dresses are chosen for one incredibly special wedding day.
For those bridal gowns that are not selected from the collection, all is not lost.
This is where Trunk shows come in. Trunk shows are the perfect opportunity for a bride to view their favourite designer’s entire collection in our very own bridal boutique. For a short period of time, either over a weekend or over a week, Lori G bridal boutique will host an entire collection for you to gain the full bridal designer experience. (a bit like we do at the bridal exhibits.)
So how do you make the most of a Trunk show to help your bridal experience?
1. Designer trunk shows as noted above, only last for a short period of time. So please make a careful note of the dates and times of the shows. Keep your diary up to date in order not to miss out on these fabulous opportunities. (plus, don’t forget to ad these to your wedding planner!)
2. When you book your bridal appointment, please be aware that our bridal boutique runs slightly differently to our usual schedule, so appointment times may vary depending on the demand. Please do not be afraid to ask any questions, after all we are here to help and provide you with the best experience possible during your wedding planning.
3. During a Trunk show we offer exclusive discounts for the show period. If the bridal dress is the one, then do not be hesitant if you wish to save a few pounds. But of course, there is no pressure if you feel uncertain. After all you are making a particularly important decision for one very special day.
4. The rule of ‘within good time’ with regards to the delivery of your bridal gown, will still apply when ordering from a trunk show. Bridal Designers lead times on orders vary, so please keep in mind they will still take at least 4 -6 months to be delivered into the boutique. Which is typical for a bridal gown, because after all they are made to order.
5. If you wish to order a bridal gown on the day, you will still be subject to our bridal boutique’s standard payment terms so be prepared to have to pay a deposit, particularly if you want to benefit from any Trunk Show incentives.
6. Some Trunk Shows include visits from the designer themselves or their team and these can be fabulous bridal experiences!
So, I believe we have covered some key but helpful points! Trunk shows, quite literally, really are wonderful! Remember to enjoy your time and remember our personal service, bridal advice and aftersales care will always be on hand and provided throughout your wedding journey.